North Island, Adieu Bali, Hello!

As I'm sitting on the Airport in Auckland waiting for my flight to Denpasar to strart I decided to write a last resume about my trip. I finished my travels on the North Island and the first bilance is pretty awesome, 3.5 months of travelling made a resultat like this:

Mermaid Pools check
Northland check
Coromandel check
Cape Reinga check
Auckland check
Raglan check
New Plymouth check
Festival of Lights check
Mt. Taranaki check
Mt. Manganoui check
Rotorua check
Taupo check
Bay of Plenty check
Bay of Islands check
Napier check
Hastings check
Longest Place Name check
Palmerston N check
Wellington check ...


Piha Beach missing
Waiheke Isl. missing
Tongariro Crossing missing
East Cape missing
90 miles beach missing


Of course I left some places open to come back another time. Whenever that is.. Fact is: my time here was fucking awesome and I learned so much about how life can be . I had to decide all things myself. There were no mum and dad telling me what to do and there's nobody who can gurantee for anything. That's quite hard in the beginning but working after a while. Furthermore I didn't really work against money so I've spend it all. I checked my finances and somehow it's scary. But I stayed in Couchsurfing places and about 4weeks on farms to work for accommodation and food so I saved a bit. Farming...Experience. Well I think it's nice to do try and we had great fun in Raglan but all in one...it's enough. I'd rather get a paid job!




New Zealand has some great Beaches and impressing National Parks. I never saw myself on a hiking trip - it seemed always too boring even though it's definitely not! Well I tried hitchhiking, bought and sold a car, made many friends and got to know so many people from all over the world (yes even I have to admit that prejudices are bullshit!). I went couchsurfing, smoked, drank, ate good food or the usual backpacker dish: Pasta, enjoyed some cool music with my ladies on one of our road trips and a lot more.
Even though having uncomfortable experiences makes you worried whether that what you do is good or not, I don't regret travelling. It is necessary for myself to learn how to deal with it and to keep on going. "It is a learning process" would my mom say. :) Luckily I made a lot more good experiences that bad ones - it were only 2. But that keeps it real and exciting because it's definitely different to my old life what is actually really good.
Of course I miss friends, family and my boyfriend. Sometimes I plan to fly home earlier. Homesickness - yep, sometimes it overcomes me and ruines the beautiful day. BUT as I learned: don't make plans! It could change quickly and makes you trouble but that's good, it keeps you busy and openminded for new things.


Well, now I'm heading off to Bali. I'll enjoy seeing Kevin and my Family. SWEET ASS :) This will be the first time to stay at one place longer than two weeks since I left home. Creepy! Only a few hours until I'm there but don't even try to ask me about the place I'm gonna be after. That's too far in the future and I decided to go with the flow.

Okay, so let's get this started! Very Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen